Okay, that line was pathetic, but you know what I mean. Now, on to the grateful things.
- While I was out the other day, The Guy booked us a spur-of-the-moment trip to Cuba. We love Cuba. We especially love Cuba when it is -55C (windchill included.) I think the cold weather caused The Guy to lose his mind and I'm totally okay with that. Beach, bar, books, HERE I COME!!!!
|Bay of Pigs where I learned to snorkel|
- Grandma had her 94th birthday and was stunned that people kept calling to say Happy Birthday. She had no idea why people would remember to call her. She's adorable. My uncle sent me a picture of her and her birthday cake, but Aunt Deanna is mid-sentance so I don't want to post it.
Instead, I will post a hilarious picture of Grandma where she looks like she's lost her damn mind. It amuses me greatly.
|She would kill me if she knew I posted this.|
- It has been a balmy -23C (-10F) for the last two days causing all Saskatchewanians to throw caution to the wind and enjoy the winter. Monty and I have been for 2 walks in 2 days and it's been wonderful. There are only two exceptions to this wonderfulness.
First, I am still recovering from my cold/flu of death so the cold air made me cough so hard I peed myself. I'm a grown-up.
Second, Monty has gone from "I'm so bored I'm never moving again. I might as well sleep because we are NEVER GOING OUTSIDE AGAIN" to "I'm so bored. We need to play. Let's go outside now. How about now? Now? NOW!!!!!!!!!" He makes me want to kill him.
|Monty longing for outdoors.|
I walked you, you twit. Now have a nap.
- The Guy is a wonderful man and doesn't like to hurt my feelings. I made chocolate chip cookies tonight. Normally, I rock this recipe. It's so good, people line up for my cookies. This batch? Not so good. When I asked him about them, he said "They weren't your best, but I will eat them with ice cream." I tried them and nearly retched. They were VILE. So, I threw them out and will try again tomorrow. I just love that he was willing to eat the most disgusting food just because I made it for him.
- I started the Year of Writing class online. So far I have met a great deal of interesting people, read some of their writing, and written 17 of the 20 ideas that was this week's assignment. It's tough, but I am really excited to be doing it.
That is the entire story of our relationship.