Thursday, February 13, 2014

Most thankfullest of days: Organization, acts of kindness, and colours

I am so busy these days I can hardly keep up, but I haven't been this happy and fulfilled in a long time.  There are still things to work on, but on the whole, life is good. REALLY GOOD.  And, I want to share it with you.

Lake Ontario
Lake Ontario (pic circa 2012)

  1. I am loving my new position at work. I have organized, shredded, written, re-written, and cleaned. I'm in 7th heaven. I'm excited to go to work and have trouble leaving at the end of the night. 
  2. This weekend The Guy and I are going to finalize all our paint choices for the house. The basement is framed, electrical is done, plumbing is started, and choice time is coming! It's like Christmas for my inner-interior decorator. Check back for updates on colours next week!!!

  3. KB and kids from long ago

  4. My good friend, Chris, has started a wonderful project in the name of his late wife and my dear friend, KB.  KB was the kindest person I knew and often went out of her way to be kind for no reason. He has harnessed that in the website: Kindness by KB where he writes of her kindness and encourages all of us to be kind to ourselves, to our people, and to complete strangers. He also started a Facebook page where he (and myself and Wynn Anne) will have daily kindness challenges and reminders. I'm proud of how he is using his love of all things KB to make the world a better place.
  5. I finally finished the shawl I started in November. Now on to gloves for The Guy and a hat I promised a co-worker in Dec! (If only I had time to knit!!)
  6. I did a silly quiz on Zimbio.com about which HIMYM character I was. I got Lily. This tickled me pink because The Guy got Marshall. I knew we were great together, but being a sitcom couple only solidified it! Over the head high five!!
  7. This week (and last weekend) has been wrought with visits of good friends. Here's to more coffees, lunches, and Skype calls!


4 comments:

  1. This is a really nice list. I can't wait to see the colours you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryanne, I am in love with the new colours. I am sure you will be too!

      Delete
  2. Glad work is all you could ask for. You outlived the bastards. Good on ya! Now go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun so far, Dad. We will see how it goes.

      Delete

As much as I like to hear myself talk, I like to hear from you too!