Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Pinterest addiction: cheaper than shopping therapy

I have a small Pinterest addiction.

I'm lying. It's huge.

It is possible for me to lose hours of my life just by clicking on the tiny little red & white P that adorns my cell phone screen.  I heart it. I have to check it before I go to bed and I scroll through everything everyone has pinned throughout the day until I get to where I last left off.

I'm thinking about getting into treatment.

Except, there are things I like about Pinterest so much, I don't know if I would want to beat this addiction!  There are so many great things on there.


There are recipes that I would love to (but never should) try.  There are puppies and baby animals for when I am feeling sad and need a boost. There are home ideas that I can plan to use in my new house. There are funny sayings that make me burst out laughing in a silent room.  There are REALLY funny things I can't pin but can send to my friends because if I pinned them it would ruin my reputation.

Best of all, there are clothes. Tons of clothes.

I'm a shopper. It's my happy place. Whether it's the Dollar Store or Tiffany's, I am happy when I shop. Not just things for me (but mostly, yeah) I love to pick things out for everyone.

Thus, Pinterest is perfect for me. I get to shop, pick things out for people I love, and I don't have to spend a dime!

I decided that, in addition to (or replacement of, I haven't decided) Christmas presents for my friends/family, I would instead show everyone what I would have bought them if I had time and money to do so.  From now until Christmas, I will make a post of things from Pinterest that I love for people that I tolerate love.

5 comments:

  1. I kind of worried when I saw you pinning all those recipes. But then I realized I pin skinny-girl outfits that I will never be able to wear and home decor that I will never be able to afford (kitchens are my weakness). Pinterest is just lovely. And I often wish I'd had it back when my kids were little. So many brilliant ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often pin recipes thinking "I want someone else to make this for me!" So, you know, if you want to....

      Delete
  2. Haha I think we've all been there... or are still there. I used to feel this way about Tumblr which I used to check every.single.day.
    While I'm not Pinterest-addicted, I do get obsessed with pinning recipes/food. :D I think, oh I'll just see if they have an easy recipe... and end up pinning a bajillion other recipes that I probably can't even make.
    I will now be following you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I will follow you back. I am a huge fan of recipes and all good things.

      Delete
  3. What a great way of looking at it: like shopping! I'm very similar to you, I love to shop. Maybe I should be spending a bit more time on Pinterest? ;)

    No. Probably not. I'm already fairly addicted!

    ReplyDelete

As much as I like to hear myself talk, I like to hear from you too!