Sunday, June 1, 2014

My top 10 shoe picks for women who hate shoe shopping

Today, I had a small meltdown.

Shoe shopping is not fun


I went to pick out a pair of runners for every day wear. The first thing the girl showed me these:

Yeah. 15 colours. NO.

After a rant about how I am a damn grown-up, I went to two other stores and bought a pair of reasonable shoes.

Comfortable shoes


This led to a very interesting conversation on Facebook about how I have no sense of joy.

It's true.

But, like I said, I did the neon thing in 1987.  I am NOT doing it again.

Finally, my cousin asked for help with her shoe issues. And I do mean issues.

So here is my list.

The essential shoes for women who hate shoes 



1. Black riding boots


Good with dresses or skinny jeans!

I love a good pair of black boots. I bought the most expensive pair of my life and I wear them with everything. Skinny jeans, tights, or bare legs, they look great with everything. You cannot go wrong with one good pair.


I have a pair of brown boots I bought in Vegas 5 years ago and they are my favourite.

3. Neutral dress shoes 


low heel, sling-back


There is always a spring or summer wedding you need to go to. Have a pair of these handy. You will never go wrong.

4. Black dress shoes 


black pumps - classic

Also, you will have a Christmas party or fancy dinner to go to. Black pumps is a must. You must have a pair of black pumps. Skirts, dress pants, or LBDs need a good pair of pumps.

5. Flat slip-on casual shoes


Black, classy, and comfy.

These are for casual jobs, lunch with friends, or a coffee date. They are also just a good go to shoe.

6. Comfy casual sneakers 


Basic, but cute.

These are great because you can buy a thousand cheap pairs of these. These are shoes that never stress you out. They don't judge you or make you feel bad about yourself. They just accept you are wearing comfy pants.

7. Cute ballet flats in as many colours as you want! 



Aren't these the cutest?


These are the cuter version of casual sneakers. They make you feel pretty and think that everyone is smiling just for you.

8. Leather flats 


Fry Carson Sandals

A good pair of leather sandals are worth the money. Trust me.

9. Runners


Asics

You will need to work out eventually. Get a pair of runners. But, for the love of God, not the neon ones.

10. Wedges!! 



Ralph Lauren wedge 

I might be biased, but these are my go to for everything. All summer long, I wear these and maxi skirts and tank tops. Don't get too high of wedges because your feet will hurt. 

25 comments:

  1. So hilarious! I can't believe you just whipped together this list!! It's a pretty good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more hilarious is me accidentally posting as Ben.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Ben I'm so glad he enjoyed this list! Thanks Rhonda!! PS: I'm sorry I forgot flip flops.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I love lists. I hope this one helps!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Victoria! I'm glad you think so! I always love your shoes!

      Delete
  5. What a great run-down on shoe options! And I am SO with you - did the neon in the 80's, not doing 'that' again!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila! I loved neon in the 80s/90s so I just cannot do that again. It's more a "I haven't been embarrassed by this yet" option

      Delete
  6. So true! I have camel boots instead of black boots instead. You've nailed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camel instead of black is totally awesome. I had a pair of brown leather tall boots instead for about 10 years and, once they wore out, I went to the black. If I could afford it, I would do one of each!!!

      Delete
  7. UGH 15 colors? I couldn't step out in those. I need to get myself a new pair of runners since mine fell apart and I had to throw them away. I don't want to be shown those colorful ones yuck.
    That is a great list you've compiled! I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raine, you will have to do some hunting. I went to Sportcheck first, and then across the hall to Atmosphere (their sister company). Atmosphere has more options that aren't ugly.

      Delete
  8. I need a pair of shoes to muck around in the yard... my sneakers are getting ruined and I don't want crocks... ugg. Great list, I love wedges and the gladiators are adorable! Great, now I want to go shoe shopping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, I love shoe shopping when it's at a good place. I just shouldn't go to those big stores. They always make me mad. (Also: SAY NO TO CROCS! -- though they are super comfy)

      Delete
    2. I found a pair of black ballet-flat looking crocs (at a garage sale for $2!) and they are really comfy and look much better than my other mucking around shoes.
      - Saryn

      Delete
  9. Great list even if you love shoes! I live in my tall boots all winter and ballet flats the rest of the year. Love the little brown sandals, they are on my bucket list...doesn't seem like the right link though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, I think I fixed the link. That's the trouble when I throw a post together in 20 minutes!!!

      Delete
  10. hmmm you know you have a shoe problem when you possess every shoe shown in a blog post on shoes...

    lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. except the psychedelic ones in the first shot that is! ;)

      Delete
  11. Ok, I love them all! I must check into the brown boots and those casual sneakers - oh yeah! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I bought the cutest pair of skater sneakers the other day too. I love casual shoes, even though they are terrible for my arches.

      Delete
  12. Very practical advice! Funny thing is my oldest just started working at a shoe store that sells lots of sensible shoes. I'm hearing lots about the topic lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani, take advantage of it!! My sister-in-law worked in a shoe store and I had a lot of fun!

      Delete
  13. The writer of the blog Joanna Godard has truly answered the most covered topic in the most chill way possible. The idea of keeping vacations like vacations is the most intriguing feature of writing and sorting the choices of shoes as per the destination is amazing! Be it a foreign destination, outing with friends or hiking, shoes are a must and options of the type of women shoes is fantastic! The graphics and images used are in sync with the types of information shared in the blog. God bless Joanna for sharing such a life-saving post.

    ReplyDelete

As much as I like to hear myself talk, I like to hear from you too!