The first is the Squirrely Blogger Award - which makes me feel as though I should be storing blogs for the winter - sent to me by Becky at My Sweet Moose. Becky has a super adorable little girl and amuses me to no end. She tells the truth about things with a great sense of humour. I like her.
Second, I received the Sunshine Award from Raine at Spuddy Buddies. She (and her sister Skye) write about things like art, music, girly movies, and fashion. I'm sure I'm much cooler just having contact with Raine. At least, that's what she tells me.
True, the awards don't come with money or chocolate, but the fact someone liked me enough to tell me is pretty fantastic. Of course, like with everything in life, they do come with a catch. I am also tagged to share things about me and then pass the award along to other people I like. Can do.
Despite the fact I'm sure most my readership is somehow related to me (hi Dad) there might be things people don't know. Here are some things about me:
|I take terrible selfies|
- I like terrible movies. Girly, rom-com, bad writing, worse acting, pathetic plot girly movies. I will cry when I watch them every time. I don't cry as often in real life as I do watching a movie about boy meets girl.
- I am more like my father than I like to admit, but at least I'm funny. I will spew forth a one liner to knock someone to the floor and then realize it was the same joke my dad would have made. I am incredibly embarrassed by this.
- I take anti-depressants and have for over 10 years. I will likely never stop. I know mental illness is still not talked about for the most part and even I don't like to consider myself part of that. I was diagnosed with depression a long time ago. Now I have "occasional days of sadness" and sometimes some anxiety that goes with whatever is happening in my life. I found the meds take my migraines down a notch, so I keep them up regardless.
- I share everything. With anyone. I might embellish the story to make myself look better, smarter, funnier, or all three, but I will tell you. I have no real secrets. And the ones I do have, are pretty pathetic.
- I have no self-motivation. If I don't have a list, I don't do what I'm supposed to do in my personal life. I have no problem being incredibly productive at work and can fly through tasks in no time. Get me home? It might take 3 days for me to do the dishes. With a list I might do things, but without one there is no chance.
- I'm thankful I am tall. I can reach stuff and I always look way skinnier than I am. ("You're lucky you're so tall, no one will notice how much you weigh") Also, height is power. It has the ability to portray confindence and assurance even if you don't feel it. It has the ability to make people be quiet just by standing up. Although, I still wish I had hit 6 feet. Dang that elusive inch and a quarter.
- I love to read. I'm not like most of my siblings and my father - meaning I don't read stuff where I might learn things or where I have to analyze (that's what school was for... I'm done now). I like books where the characters amuse me, the plot is pretty lax and there's some good romance to it. Something where I can take my brain out, set it on the counter and just read. I usually read a book every day and a half. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but that's my average.
- I sleep on my stomach. Face down, right leg sticking straight out, left bent slightly to the side. I then tuck my arms underneath me. I look ridiculous or so I'm told. I also grind my teeth. I wake up with a killer headache and my jaw hurts. I have actually woken people up. To top it off, I only sleep a few hours at a time. Then I wake up, turn over or whatever and go back to sleep if I'm lucky. I don't know of any time I have slept through the night. My mother swore I never did.
|I'm super stylish|