Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I MayB dog tired

Anyone who knows me knows I work shift work.  Each week is a new set of shifts to make my own personal time zone. I've always said it's like I've been jet-lagged for 14 years.

Add that to the fact I have never been a good sleeper and I am a bit of a zombie.

This does not stop me from trying to be über productive even when I'm on nights like I have been this week.  I seem to think scheduling something in the middle of my "night" is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

I am not very bright.

This week, because I picked up an extra shift, I will work 5 night shifts in a row.  Every single day I have had an appointment some time in the middle of the afternoon.  Something I could not possibly move or miss or sleep through.

Did I mention I'm starting to see things?

Not really, but you get my point.

Today. TODAY. Today is the first day of 4 where I will be able to sleep for as long as I want to. I can lounge in bed with the dog while he gets his second full night's sleep (he's like a Hobbit with breakfasts. Second bedtime is his favourite) and I can sleep and sleep and sleep.

Monty sleeping
Napping with his favourite chew bone. If he could do both, he would.

Don't be alarmed if you can hear snoring.

10 comments:

  1. Haha Monty is adorable. I hope you got a nice long nap ! Take it easy :)
    Thanks for stopping by our blog. We're your newest follower on BL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swing and graveyard can wreak havoc on your sanity but with a cute puppy like that nearby, that must help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does help! Well, when he doesn't wake me up so we can play.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh. I can't imagine. I'd be totally non-functioning! Glad you got a chance to sleep. And boy is your dog cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, he thinks he is cute too. It gets him out of more trouble than I would like to admit! I'm always tired, but it's worth it. I love shift work. As weird as that sounds.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. How cute is that picture of you and your sweet doggie. I love that you called it his second full night's sleep. I am glad, after a busy week, you were able to get some rest and snuggle in with your doggie. I hope this week finds you well rested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a ridiculously pampered dog. I'm glad we raised him from a pup and he understands the importance of being good while I sleep!

      Delete

As much as I like to hear myself talk, I like to hear from you too!