It's been almost a month to the day since I wrote anything that was for fun. Apart from my usual Facebook statuses (Bronwyn_MayB) I haven't put pen to paper (well, fingers to keyboard) to write my thoughts, my stories, or my insanity.
I did write a 60 page report for an Agency review. So, there is that.
But it just doesn't have the same feel. Or the same sarcasm.
They frown against that in the professional world. Bah.
Inspiration, but no time
I've been writing in my head the whole time. Brilliant and witty pieces about my life, my dog, and my house. However, between the house guests, a friend's wedding, a week away, a visit with Grandma, and actually writing words about the research I've been doing for months, I haven't been able to share them.
Here are some highlights:
- My friend Jamie drove my father and my step-mom from Calgary to Regina and she's still speaking to me.
- My dad stayed with us for a whole week and I'm still speaking with him
- My dad stayed with us for a whole week and The Guy is still speaking to me
- My step-mom made the greatest borscht in history and I will eventually share her recipe here
- My sister came to visit me and we had all the fun
- I passed a group of pre-teen boys lined up along a wall and when they pretended I had farted I did not defend myself even though I was incensed! (Had I farted, I would have laughed uproariously because they were all sitting in prime fart trajectory)
- My closet was redone (almost complete) and the deck is now done (except for rails... don't fall) and someday this house will be done
- My sister Ky and I visited Grandma who knew who we were until she nodded off for 5 minutes. I'm not sure who was more freaked when she woke up thinking strangers were in her room!
I'm trying to be back now. Writing more often and getting my life back on track now that I don't have 3,004,524 things to do. We shall see. I do have one main task to complete...